Who is Tor de Vries?
I am an award-winning designer with significant, decades-long experience in print and digital design, as well as in communications, marketing, nonprofits, international health, higher education, and religious organizations. With substantial programming and IT experience, I am a unique blend of artistic, business, and technology disciplines.
I am presently the Web Producer & Art Director at EngenderHealth, a leading international women’s health organization with offices in nearly 20 countries. Before that, I worked in corporate marketing and design for Fortune 500 companies. I earned a Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Design & Technology from Parsons School of Design, where I also taught undergraduate graphic design. This portfolio displays a selection from my years of work.
I am fluent in many acronyms, buzzwords, and marketing modalities such as:
- Visual design and production of all kinds of print and digital media
- Brand design, development, and management
- HTML, CSS, and responsive design
- PHP and MySQL
- XML and XSL
- HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, IIS, Apache, and other servers, services, and protocols
- Adobe’s Creative Suite and Microsoft’s less-creative suite
- Content management systems (CMSs) such as Cascade and WordPress, including custom themes
- Donor management systems such as Salsa and Luminate
- USAID, UNFPA, PEPFAR, WHO, DHHS, and others like them
- Concise writing for web, marketing, sales, and support
- Social media, and antisocial media
- Data visualization, infographics, and whatfographics
- Thinking outside the box
- Thinking inside the box
- Cutting up the box with scissors to make a fort
- Homemade pizza
Elsewhere on the internet, I am And I’m the Dad: a “dad blogger” with 11,000+ Tumblr followers (all organic!) who has been profiled by Mashable, PR Newswire, and others, and who has contributed to The Good Men Project and Fatherly.
Questions? Comments? Please use the form.
All original content on this site is copyrighted by Tor de Vries. Some items, including but not limited to logos, photographs, and user interfaces, are the intellectual property of the corporation for whom I produced it, and I make no claim otherwise. They are presented here solely for the purposes of my design portfolio.